Dirtbags Baseball has a 12,000 square foot facility designed and available year-round to train our athletes. Centrally located in South Elgin, it is one of the most flexible workout spaces in the Fox Valley area:
- Over 11,000 square feet of turfed space
- Professionally designed collegiate level lighting
- 6 retractable 70ft long hitting tunnels
- With all tunnels in use, there is still over 2600sf of open area available for use
- With all tunnels retracted, players can throw distances up to 140 feet
Technology and Equipment
- 2 dedicated pitching areas with mounds & video screens
- Rapsodo 2.0 Pitching and Diamond Kinetics – These are pitch-tracking tools that provide instant feedback on velocity, spin rate/axis/efficiency, and release point. This data is used by our coaches to help pitchers adjust their pitch delivery and improve on existing pitches or design new ones
- Zepp Baseball Sensors – Provides feedback for hitters on bat and hand speed, angle of attack, bat angle at impact, time to impact and also provides a 3D visualization of the hitter’s swing.
- Plyo Wall for use with Driveline Plyo balls.
- Workout area with squat rack, bench, free weights, jump boxes, and band station
- Meeting room with video monitor for training and film study